Fire Restoration 101: Safety First
After your fire has been put out you may be left with the question, “What should I do next?” SERVPRO of Gurnee can help. We will walk you through your next steps. Safety is our number one concern until help arrives, so here are some basic do’s and don'ts:
- Limit movement in damaged areas
- Keep your hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- If the electricity is off, empty the freezer and refrigerator completely. Prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Don’t touch contaminated surfaces
- Don’t attempt to clean walls, carpet, contents, or other contaminated surfaces
- Don’t use food, cosmetics, or mediations exposed to soot.
- Don’t send clothing to ordinary cleaner; improper cleaning may set odors
No one wants to experience a fire in their home or business. If you experience this and need help, please give us a call at 847-838-2954. SERVPRO of Gurnee has the expertise and experience to assist you in the cleanup and restoration of your property. We are here to help!